Communities In Schools (CIS) is the largest employer of social workers in Tarrant County and this area's home for social workers. In fact, CIS may provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of an organization with a mission that is nothing but pure social work. Furthermore, working with over 80 service-provider partners, CIS social workers have an unparalleled opportunity to see social work in all of its forms….a perfect way to find what makes your heart hum.
Communities In Schools has been recognized by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce as a “Best Workplaces for Women” employer and by the "Non-Profit Times" as a best place to work for.
Top of the line benefits package:
• Fully-paid health, dental and vision insurance
• Paid life insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Professional liability insurance
• School holidays + four weeks paid summer vacation
• CIS sponsored CEUs
• 403-b retirement plan with company matching
Mental Health Counselor-- This position is currently CLOSED
The Mental Health Counselor is responsible for managing the day to day implementation and operation of the CIS Mental Health Supports program for a caseload of up to 30 students at a time. Provide school-based individual and group counseling services for the expected number of students and their families. Work closely with school staff, CIS Program Manager (if available), community organizations, parents/families and students to assure coordination of the community’s services for the benefits of the students and families. Achieve District MOU requirements and implement local policies and procedures.
- Licensed Professional (LCSW, LPC, or LMFT) status required, or Licensed Master Social Worker status under supervision by a LCSW required
- Experience practicing counseling, required
- Experience working with diverse populations, preferred
- Experience working as a CIS Program Manager, preferred
Certificates and Licenses:
- LCSW, LPC, or LMFT, preferred, but will consider an LMSW (under active supervision of an approved LCSW)
Provide individual supportive guidance and case management for CIS students from inside public schools, intervene in crises experienced by students and their families, conduct home visits, encourage parental involvement in program activities, provide transportation for students and their families as needed, promote cooperation between faculty, school administration and the CIS team.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Work (REQUIRED), one year experience in social service preferred; strong interpersonal and communication skills; desire to work with at-risk youth; sensitivity to and awareness of unique needs of minority cultures and diverse ethnic groups; fluency in Spanish is required; must have valid Texas driver’s license.
No Phone Calls Please