Communities In Schools (CIS) is the largest employer of social workers in Tarrant County and this area's home for social workers. In fact, CIS may provide you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of an organization with a mission that is nothing but pure social work. Furthermore, working with over 80 service-provider partners, CIS social workers have an unparalleled opportunity to see social work in all of its forms….a perfect way to find what makes your heart hum.
Communities In Schools has been recognized by the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce as a “Best Workplaces for Women” employer and by the "Non-Profit Times" as a best place to work for.
Top of the line benefits package:
• Fully-paid health, dental and vision insurance
• Paid life insurance
• Long-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Professional liability insurance
• School holidays + four weeks paid summer vacation
• CIS sponsored CEUs
• 403-b retirement plan with company matching
Senior Administrative Assistant
We are currently looking for an experienced administrative assistant. This person will provide advanced administrative and clerical services to multiple departments.
• HS Diploma Required
• 2+ years of administrative assistant experience
• Positive attitude and demeanor.
• Good grooming and professional image.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Ã‚ Must be customer service oriented in communication style.
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
• Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty.
• Dependable, reliable, and able to fulfill responsibilities.
• Ability to work well, create and contribute in a team environment as well as independently
• Forward thinker
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Provide administrative support to CEO, Vice Presidents and other administrative professionals.
• Facilitate internal and external communication.
• Work with Administrative staff to coordinate scheduling for Senior Leaders.
• Act as a back-up to other administrative staff as needed and assist with special projects as needed
• Strong organizational and administrative skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion.
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication.
• Strong time management, planning and scheduling skills
• Answers incoming calls from telephone and radio communication system, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail
• Maintains and assists users with copier, postage machine, printer and fax machine, including ordering of supplies
• Orders, receives and maintains office supplies
• Coordinates booking of conference rooms in Administration, including assistance with meeting set-up
• Responsible for ordering & maintaining Administration kitchen supplies
• Maintains postage machine & supplies, including account set-up
• Performs other clerical duties as assigned by management.
• The ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a flexible, positive and professional attitude.
• Maintains and distributes internal telephone lists
• Ensure records are stored securely and in compliance with privacy regulations.
• Must be detail oriented.
Position is FULLTIME Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm with generous benefits package.
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00/hour
Please email resume with ADMIN ASST in subject line.
Provide individual supportive guidance and case management for CIS students from inside public schools, intervene in crises experienced by students and their families, conduct home visits, encourage parental involvement in program activities, provide transportation for students and their families as needed, promote cooperation between faculty, school administration and the CIS team.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Work (REQUIRED), one year experience in social service preferred; strong interpersonal and communication skills; desire to work with at-risk youth; sensitivity to and awareness of unique needs of minority cultures and diverse ethnic groups; fluency in Spanish is required; must have valid Texas driver’s license.
No Phone Calls Please